Q. My head hurts when I blow my nose. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2019

I am an 18 year old female. My height is 167 cm and weight is 53 kg. I have had headaches and pain in the eyes for the last two days. My nose has been blocked for about a week now and every time I blow my nose, my head hurts a lot. It also hurts when I shake my head. 

#

I went through your query.

I believe you are suffering from sinusitis. The drainage from the bony sinuses is blocked due to blockage of the nose and this is causing a headache. I suggest you consult an ENT (ear, nose and throat specialist), who will recommend an X-ray of the paranasal sinuses.

You can use Xylometazoline nasal drops twice daily for two to three days. That will decongest the nose and relieve you of a headache.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I have a constant headache from 10 days. Could it be due to a brain tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I am 6 feet 2 inches tall and obese at 113 kg. The problem that I am describing below I have been experiencing for the past 10 days or so. I have a more or less constant headache. It is typically on the right part of the forehead, around the hairline and occurr...  Read Full »

How to prevent sinusitis, dry nose and shivering during winters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a recurring ailment that I usually get once or twice per winter. It starts with extreme shivering and overheating, but no fever. Day two usually involves a very dry nose, very low energy, and heightened sensitivity to touch or light. Days 3 to 5 usually involve more traditional...  Read Full »

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»