Q. My head hurts when I blow my nose. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2019

I am an 18 year old female. My height is 167 cm and weight is 53 kg. I have had headaches and pain in the eyes for the last two days. My nose has been blocked for about a week now and every time I blow my nose, my head hurts a lot. It also hurts when I shake my head. 

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your query.

I believe you are suffering from sinusitis. The drainage from the bony sinuses is blocked due to blockage of the nose and this is causing a headache. I suggest you consult an ENT (ear, nose and throat specialist), who will recommend an X-ray of the paranasal sinuses.

You can use Xylometazoline nasal drops twice daily for two to three days. That will decongest the nose and relieve you of a headache.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|