HomeAnswersDermatologyskin carePlease suggest a lotion or cream for my combination skin.

What lotion or cream should I use for my combination skin?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At June 27, 2020
Reviewed AtAugust 21, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I have combination skin. I have blackheads with normal pores. I am acne-free. I have two questions. What is the best lotion that can be used on the face and body? Is it good to use them in my skin?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

It is important to follow a healthy skin routine for having healthy skin. You can start cleansing your face with facewashes. You can use soap-free cleansers like Cetaphil or Cerave or D-acne (Clindamycin). Avoid using foamy facewashes. For visible pores presenting with blackheads, you can use any alcohol-free toners after using a face wash. After toner, you can use moisturizer. It can be gel-based. Again you can use Cetaphil or Cerave or La-Roche Posay or any moisturizer with an aloe vera or oatmeal or rice extracts for having a soothing effect. It is important to use a moisturizer to seal the moisture. At day time, you can use sunscreen with SPF (sun protection factor) less than 30. Use it before two hours of getting into the sun. Apply it twice in the morning and noon. Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water. Maintain a healthy weight and diet. For blackheads, you can consult a dermatologist for blackhead extraction.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

blackheadsskin care

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy