Q. What lotion or cream should I use for my combination skin?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 10, 2021

I have combination skin. I have blackheads with normal pores. I am acne-free. I have two questions. What is the best lotion that can be used on the face and body? Is it good to use them in my skin?

#

It is important to follow a healthy skin routine for having healthy skin. You can start cleansing your face with facewashes. You can use soap-free cleansers like Cetaphil or Cerave or D-acne (Clindamycin). Avoid using foamy facewashes. For visible pores presenting with blackheads, you can use any alcohol-free toners after using a face wash. After toner, you can use moisturizer. It can be gel-based. Again you can use Cetaphil or Cerave or La-Roche Posay or any moisturizer with an aloe vera or oatmeal or rice extracts for having a soothing effect. It is important to use a moisturizer to seal the moisture. At day time, you can use sunscreen with SPF (sun protection factor) less than 30. Use it before two hours of getting into the sun. Apply it twice in the morning and noon. Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water. Maintain a healthy weight and diet. For blackheads, you can consult a dermatologist for blackhead extraction.

|