Q. I want a fair skin. Can I use skinlite cream to get a fair and glowing skin?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
Published on Jun 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 15, 2019

I have a very dark skin. One of my friends used skinlite cream and she has turned very fair. Can I also use that cream to get a fair and glowing skin?  I really want a fair skin. I am just tired of my skin. Please help me doctor.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Preventive Medicine Venereology
#

Natural complexion is the best.

Melanin, the pigment responsible for the skin color has protective effects.

Use cleanser like cetaphil to wash your face.

You can use sunscreen lotions like shade lotion regularly 2-3 times a day.

Skinlite is a combination cream with steroid too. It may do more harm than good. Once you stop using, it may worsen the situation or rashes may erupt.

You can use peeling agents like glyaha lotion to begin with and later with glyaha-hq lotion in the night after consulting you doctor.

Consult a dermatologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

But I am surrounded by fair skinned people and I too want to have a fair skin and look good like others. Please do help me. I just do not want my normal skin colour. Please doctor.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

#

You can go through the advice given earlier. That is the better step for long run.

Cosmetics which claim good effect can harm more.There will be withdrawal effects and reaction to them.

Do not get disheartened.

Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

Take antioxidant tablets like Oxidon or Oxivit.

Chemical peeling is another option for your problem.

You can consult a dermatologist online for other options like chemical peels --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Kindly suggest a face wash, sunscreen lotion and overnight cream for oily skin.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old boy and my face is very oily during summer while in winters it is quite dry. In summers, a lot of oil pops out with white heads on my face. Even a short-term sun exposure tans my skin. I am also suffering from the problem of dark spots. Kindly suggest a face wash, su...  Read Full »

I got fever, lots of blisters and hair fall. What can be used at the earliest?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. I had severe fever and body ache before a week. I had a rash before days. Then the next daI got a few more rashes and then a lot of blisters all over. I did not scratch them. I just applied Lactocalamine lotion on the dots. I was taking Azithromycin and Acyclo...  Read Full »

Why is my face darker than the rest of my body?

Query: Hello doctor, The color of the skin on my face is too dark when compared to the skin on my nose, cheeks, and rest of my body. How can I restore the original color on my face?  Read Full »