iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyfair skinI Want A Fair Skin. Can I Use Skinlite Cream To Get A Fair And Glowing Skin?

I want a fair skin. Can I use skinlite cream to get a fair and glowing skin?

I want a fair skin. Can I use skinlite cream to get a fair and glowing skin?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 21, 2018
Reviewed AtJanuary 12, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have a very dark skin. One of my friends used skinlite cream and she has turned very fair. Can I also use that cream to get a fair and glowing skin?  I really want a fair skin. I am just tired of my skin. Please help me doctor.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Natural complexion is the best.

Melanin, the pigment responsible for the skin color has protective effects.

Use cleanser like cetaphil to wash your face.

You can use sunscreen lotions like shade lotion regularly 2-3 times a day.

Skinlite is a combination cream with steroid too. It may do more harm than good. Once you stop using, it may worsen the situation or rashes may erupt.

You can use peeling agents like glyaha lotion to begin with and later with glyaha-hq lotion in the night after consulting you doctor.

Consult a dermatologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

But I am surrounded by fair skinned people and I too want to have a fair skin and look good like others. Please do help me. I just do not want my normal skin colour. Please doctor.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

You can go through the advice given earlier. That is the better step for long run.

Cosmetics which claim good effect can harm more.There will be withdrawal effects and reaction to them.

Do not get disheartened.

Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

Take antioxidant tablets like Oxidon or Oxivit.

Chemical peeling is another option for your problem.

You can consult a dermatologist online for other options like chemical peels --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra
Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy