Q. What is the cause of a white patch on my baby's scrotum?

Dr. Shilpa Reddy Diggireddy
Published on Jun 29, 2018

My son is three months old and he recently got a white patch on his scrotum.

Is it normal or do I have a reason to be worried?

#

Since the baby is three months, it could be a birthmark that has developed. Some birthmarks come early in life and some later on such as white spots, dark blackish spots, moles and so on.

Another condition is called jock itch caused by infection due to tinea which is a result of sweating imposed fungal infection.

Since the baby is small, this could not be the cause but I cannot rule it out with the inspection.

My suggestion would be that I can help you better if a picture would have been included or take him to a pediatric dermatologist.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

Why do I have small red itchy bumps around my groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a really irritating itch around my groin area, inner thigh and also in the abdomen area. It has spread to my buttock area too. I need help in solving this. Please help.  Read Full »

How to treat white patches in the mouth due to cheek biting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I had cheek biting on the left side and left upper wisdom tooth was removed a month back. After that, cheek biting has subsided. Now, I have noticed white line and patch adjacent to lower left wisdom teeth and some white dots over cheek. Near it, there is no p...  Read Full »

Can you help with my daughter's low platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor, My 12 year old daughter was fatigued and had blue blotches over her body. The doctor locally ordered blood tests, and the results showed low platelet count of 50000. They administered Cortisone of 30 mg a day for two weeks, and the count went up to 100000. The doctor reduced Cortisone to...  Read Full »