Q. How can rashes in baby be cured?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

I have noticed rashes in baby since last week. I have applied Sudocream as advised by a doctor. I have also changed the nappy brand. But now there are small bumps on the back too. Here is the photo from one week and today.

Do you have a question on Skin Rashes or Topical Antifungal?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

MBBS
Child Health Paediatrics

I understand the situation you are facing with your child. Baby diaper rash is one of the most common problems encountered with the babies. Keep the private areas dry, clean and hygienic. Clean up soon after baby passes stool. Do not allow moisture to build up in diaper region.

Should I continue applying Sudocream?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

MBBS
Child Health Paediatrics

Yes, you can continue to apply Sudocream ointment. Also, use coconut oil or petroleum jelly. Antifungal ointment like Candid KZ cream can be applied three to four times a day as it is becoming more reddish and spreading.

Also Read Answers From: Skin Rashes Topical Antifungal Diaper Rash

Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, whic...  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To understand the condition better I need to know the following things. Where is the pain? Does she have generalized body pain or any joint pain? Please specify. What is the location of a headache, either forehead or back of the head? How does it improve and when is i...  Read Full »

Why are these itchy patches in my pubic area repeatedly occurring?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year old male with repeated ringworm infection. This started about a year ago with small itchy patches in the groin area high up on inner thighs and pubic area. These would go away with the use of Candid-B cream and Canditral and Itrasys only to return in 10 to 15 days after...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrence of tinea is most commonly due to either incomplete treatment or wrong medication most commonly the combination of a topical steroid with a topical antifungal e.g Candid-B (Beclometasone Topical and Clotrimazole Topical) or other similar preparations. To...  Read Full »

My glans has measles-like red spots all over it. Please suggest an ointment.
Query: Hello doctor,I am 52. I noticed my glans penis has some measles-like red spots all over. Overall, the glans penis seem reddish and slightly inflamed. A light irritation is felt.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have a yeast infection called candidal balanitis. I suggest you use a topical antifungal cream such as Clotrimazole 1 % and Beclomethasone dipropionate 0.05 % c...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now