Q. How can rashes in baby be cured?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 15, 2020

I have noticed rashes in baby since last week. I have applied Sudocream as advised by a doctor. I have also changed the nappy brand. But now there are small bumps on the back too. Here is the photo from one week and today.

#

I understand the situation you are facing with your child. Baby diaper rash is one of the most common problems encountered with the babies. Keep the private areas dry, clean and hygienic. Clean up soon after baby passes stool. Do not allow moisture to build up in diaper region.

Should I continue applying Sudocream?

#

Yes, you can continue to apply Sudocream ointment. Also, use coconut oil or petroleum jelly. Antifungal ointment like Candid KZ cream can be applied three to four times a day as it is becoming more reddish and spreading.

|