Q. I feel always sleepy and have no idea of what has to be done. Please help.

Dr. Punya Mulky
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 31, 2019

I have a rough life, and I am drained. Always sleeping and not eating, I still have sore heads and have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I have Crohn's disease and a colostomy bag, but I always have this emptiness feeling inside and sad and lonely all the time.

I do not know what to do. I woke up two hours ago from sleeping. I slept for about 19 hours, and I am tired again. My eyes always hurt, and my head is still sore. I do not know what to do. I feel like I am going to break apart at sometimes, and right now, I feel low and lonely, and I do not know what you do?

Dr. Punya Mulky

Psychiatry
#

I understand you are going through a difficult time. According to the problems you have described above, it seems like you are suffering from depression. Feeling low and lonely, not feeling fresh after adequate rest, poor appetite, negative thoughts, and the emptiness are all signs of depression.

You can consider starting tablet Nexito 5 mg (Escitalopram) in the morning and gradually increase it to 10 mg after five days. This tablet will take care of your mood slowly. Also, take pill Lonazep Md 0.25 mg (Clonazepam) in the night around 8 to 9 pm.

Along with medicines, you also require counseling and therapy sessions, which will help you deal with the negative thoughts and emptiness better. Please maintain good sleep hygiene, balanced diet, and get involved in yoga or meditation if feasible for you. I hope this helps.

What can be done for daydreaming, loneliness, and lack of concentration?

Query: Hello doctor,I have never consulted a psychiatrist before, but according to what I have observed about myself, maybe I am suffering from maladaptive daydreaming, loneliness, lack of concentration as well as maybe depression. This is the peak time for me to make my career. I only have two years left ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem but need more information to conclude. The symptoms of poor focus, lack of concentration, etc., can occur in depression but these are not sufficient to make a diagnosis of depression. Low mood, reduced energy, lack of interest in day to day...  Read Full

Do I need a drug other than Clonazepam to control non-stop panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been on Klonopin that is Clonazepam prescribed before 14 years for panic attacks and anxiety. I am currently on the 2 mg dosage and taking it four times a day. This is monitored every few months by my family doctor. For the past one week, I have noticed that I have been experienc...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Anxiety and panic disorders are serious disorders and tend to recur. Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine drug and have good efficacy in controlling the symptoms of anxiety. The drug can control panic symptoms effectively but is not the treatment ...  Read Full

Affirmative Sleep Talking

Article Overview: This article will provide you with information about a new type of therapy to deal with your kid if there are any behavioral problems. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Psychotherapist

Sleep talk therapy is a new type of remedy in which you talk with your kid while he/she is sleeping. This therapy is very useful for kids from the age of toddlers to 12 years. It helps build positiveness in your kid's behavior. Parents can opt for this therapy when they are worried about common chil...  Read Article