Q. I feel always sleepy and have no idea of what has to be done. Please help.

Dr. Punya Mulky

I have a rough life, and I am drained. Always sleeping and not eating, I still have sore heads and have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I have Crohn's disease and a colostomy bag, but I always have this emptiness feeling inside and sad and lonely all the time.

I do not know what to do. I woke up two hours ago from sleeping. I slept for about 19 hours, and I am tired again. My eyes always hurt, and my head is still sore. I do not know what to do. I feel like I am going to break apart at sometimes, and right now, I feel low and lonely, and I do not know what you do?

#

I understand you are going through a difficult time. According to the problems you have described above, it seems like you are suffering from depression. Feeling low and lonely, not feeling fresh after adequate rest, poor appetite, negative thoughts, and the emptiness are all signs of depression.

You can consider starting tablet Nexito 5 mg (Escitalopram) in the morning and gradually increase it to 10 mg after five days. This tablet will take care of your mood slowly. Also, take pill Lonazep Md 0.25 mg (Clonazepam) in the night around 8 to 9 pm.

Along with medicines, you also require counseling and therapy sessions, which will help you deal with the negative thoughts and emptiness better. Please maintain good sleep hygiene, balanced diet, and get involved in yoga or meditation if feasible for you. I hope this helps.

|