Q. I have lumps in the throat and terrified that I have cancer. Please help.

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

I am suffering from a sore throat and ear pain. I have lots of lumps in the back of my throat. I had Amoxicillin and gastro-resistant tablets. I have a previous history of GERD. I am terrified that I have throat cancer. Please help.

#

• Do you feel some difficulty while swallowing? What medicines have you been taking so far?
  • Do you have a history of smoking? Please follow up with the required information to suggest you better.

Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Yes, my throat is sore when swallowing and getting some click sound. I do smoke. I am currently taking Amoxicillin.

#

• I suggest you an oral decongestant, and nasal decongestant drops for a few days. Also, tablet vitamin C once daily.
  • Avoid smoking and use Hexidine gargles. Continue Amoxicillin.
  • If the lesion does not subside or improve in a week of treatment, then it should be investigated.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|