Q. What is the treatment available for sore throat with bumps?

Dr. Syed Tehmid

I have had a sore throat for about two weeks now and the wall of my throat has some sort of bumps on it. My tongue as well has bumps on them but they are not painful.

#

The pictures show three things (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The bumps on the back of your tongue which are circumvallate papillae. Then, there are slightly enlarged tonsils on either side of the throat. There are granulations on the posterior pharyngeal wall. These may be present in acute pharyngitis.

|