Medical Advice on "Periodontist"

Dr. Honey   Arora
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, if the sinus is low, then sinus lift procedure is a must to place an implant. Without sinus lift, an implant cannot be placed. It is a surgical procedure that can be very effectively done by an oral surgeon or a ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get root canal treatment for the upper and lower central teeth then placement of a fixed partial denture (FPD ceramic crowns) on them to close the space. This will give a permanent solution to your problem. It ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The photos are not at all clear to give exact diagnosis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You should start taking good antibiotics like Amoxicillin and Metronidazole for five days to reduce the gum swelling ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The amount of bone loss that is 20% is not alarming at 45 years of age. It is routinely seen in patients at this age. There is no need to worry as it does not mean that the tooth will fall off soon. Try to maintain the ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The antibiotic resistance is not a big issue as such, but I would suggest to not apply antibiotic gel more than two weeks with one or two months gap in between. Using warm salt water gargle twice a day is more than ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the images posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have to change your brushing technique as soon as possible. Brush in an up and down motion without putting too much pressure ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The infection is due to the improperly done root canal of the mesial root of that tooth. Flap surgery was done needlessly. The treatments possible are: Frequently, what the dentist would do after such a problem is to ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain was most likely due to sensitivity. It will settle down when the permanent crown is placed. The method of putting the crown back using toothpaste is not recommended as there is a high chance that it will ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The suture or stitches are self-dissolving, then will get loosen and dissolve in the course of time. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The gum grafts are adequately placed and tight ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can wear your fixed retainer without any problem. Also, you have to make sure that you use your removable retainer also for the next two to three years without any break. When you have periodontal problems, there ... View thread »