Q. Often, I stop and think for a while during conversation. Why?

Published on Jul 01, 2016

I have some speech problem. I miss the word while talking and I am not conveying it properly. I have to stop and think for a while to continue the conversation. This happens many times a day. My current medication is tablet Vilazine 40. Please help me.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

• If this problem is there from your childhood, then this is a part of your stammering.
  • If you have developed this problem later in life, then you would need to get an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of the brain. Also, check your thyroid profile and vitamin B12 levels.
  • These investigations would help you to analyze the cause behind your issues if any.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

Could you please explain MRI brain and CSF studies related to NPH?

Query: Hello doctor,Can you please give the diagnosis of the uploaded MRI brain and CSF studies with a detailed report? Please advise on the action plan as to how to get the CSF findings treated. The MRI report is enclosed. Does the enclosed report co-relate with your findings? The MRI report CSF studies r...  Read Full »

Why do I stammer while speaking?

Query: Hello doctor, I always stutter or stammer while speaking. Please guide me.  Read Full »

How to prevent stammering?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from stammering for the last 14 years. Now my age is 20. I am a male. I am facing difficulty while talking with others or when I read something. My tongue comes out while stammering. So, I am not talking with anyone now. Stammer has become a big problem in my life. P...  Read Full »