Q. Please suggest some medicine or exercise to pronounce R words correctly.

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 20, 2019

I am suffering from R related words in speaking, I practiced a lot, but problems remains the same. Kindly suggest any specific medicine or exercise for the same.

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiology Speech Therapist
#

First of all, I hope you consulted a speech therapist. Because he can help you correctly and quickly than you can do it by yourself. R sound of the retroflex is the sound where the tongue performs a vibrating motion to produce the sound R. For correcting the sound you first need to start practicing with the placement of the tongue then you progress to vibrate it. If you are finding it challenging to understand, consult a proper speech therapist as you need to practice the first steps to articulate. You first need to produce individual sound and then words. I hope it helps.

| 

Will I recover from vocal cord paralysis eventually?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had vocal paralysis over four months now from a fist fight from strikes to my throat. One doctor says it will take a year and another told me some people never recover. Will I eventually recover because I cannot speak well and it is making everything harder? Voice is raspy and br...  Read Full »

Other than cochlear implant, is there any other way to treat hearing loss in a kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My niece is 4 years old now. A year back we realized that she was not catching up how to speak and consulted an ENT doctor. Doctor performed few tests like BERA, OAE and hearing assessment. Then he confirmed that my niece is suffering from profound hearing loss. Doctor suggested hearing a...  Read Full »

Why do I often stop and thing during a conversation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some speech problem. I miss the word while talking and I am not conveying it properly. I have to stop and think for a while to continue the conversation. This happens many times a day. My current medication is tablet Vilazine 40. Please help me.  Read Full »

Ask a Speech Therapist Now