Q. Please suggest some medicine or exercise to pronounce R words correctly.

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 15, 2020

I am suffering from R related words in speaking, I practiced a lot, but problems remains the same. Kindly suggest any specific medicine or exercise for the same.

#

First of all, I hope you consulted a speech therapist. Because he can help you correctly and quickly than you can do it by yourself. R sound of the retroflex is the sound where the tongue performs a vibrating motion to produce the sound R. For correcting the sound you first need to start practicing with the placement of the tongue then you progress to vibrate it. If you are finding it challenging to understand, consult a proper speech therapist as you need to practice the first steps to articulate. You first need to produce individual sound and then words. I hope it helps.

|