Q. I am 17 days pregnant and spotting from yesterday. Am I pregnant or not?

Dr. Sini P

I am 17 days pregnant. I have two to three drops of bleeding from yesterday. Today I did a urine test, and it came positive as pregnant. Am I pregnant or not?

Dr. Sini P

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

1) If your urine pregnancy test has shown as positive, then it is sure that you are pregnant.

2) Bleeding can be a symptom of tubal pregnancy or threatened abortion.

3) To confirm the second point, you have to take a vaginal scan, but we cannot see it correctly in 17 days of pregnancy. Usually, a vaginal scan will give a clear idea after four weeks of pregnancy.

4) So when were your last periods?

5) There is one more method to confirm the second point. If you are less than four weeks of pregnant, you can take a beta-hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin).

6) You can take the first beta-hCG test today and repeat it after 48 hours. If the values are doubling (or >= 75% of the previous value), it is a normal pregnancy.

7) Can you let me know the blood test report values? Meanwhile, also take a vaginal scan.

8) Do you have abdominal pain, giddiness, or tiredness?

If you have these symptoms, please consult with a gynecologist. Thanks.

|