I am 17 days pregnant. I have two to three drops of bleeding from yesterday. Today I did a urine test, and it came positive as pregnant. Am I pregnant or not?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1) If your urine pregnancy test has shown as positive, then it is sure that you are pregnant.
2) Bleeding can be a symptom of tubal pregnancy or threatened abortion.
3) To confirm the second point, you have to take a vaginal scan, but we cannot see it correctly in 17 days of pregnancy. Usually, a vaginal scan will give a clear idea after four weeks of pregnancy.
4) So when were your last periods?
5) There is one more method to confirm the second point. If you are less than four weeks of pregnant, you can take a beta-hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin).
6) You can take the first beta-hCG test today and repeat it after 48 hours. If the values are doubling (or >= 75% of the previous value), it is a normal pregnancy.
7) Can you let me know the blood test report values? Meanwhile, also take a vaginal scan.
8) Do you have abdominal pain, giddiness, or tiredness?
If you have these symptoms, please consult with a gynecologist. Thanks.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor, I am eight weeks and six days pregnant and am currently on LMWH (Inj Innohep 40 mg) as tests prior to pregnancy indicated a positive ANA. I have a history of a previous mid-trimester miscarriage which was believed to be due to an incompetent cervix, and so have been on vaginal progest... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I am female, 20 years old, 5'2" and 45.3 kg. I am pregnant but during my ultrasound, there is no embryo and yolk sac. My uterus is seven weeks and three days having 3.1 mm. Seven days after the ultrasound I had bleeding but it was light, the color was dark red, brown or black and it w... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, My period was late for a week. LMP was 35 days back. Did HPT three days back with the result being a positive pink line. But, yesterday evening, started bleeding period like and continuing so. So, am I pregnant or do I lose it? I will be grateful if you can kindly address my concern. Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now