Q. I am having brown spotting with clots during periods and I bleed after sex. Why?

Published on Nov 05, 2019

I am having brown spotting with blood clots, and there is no pain or cramps. I had my periods in the first week of June. I had unprotected intercourse in the first week of October, but my partner did not ejaculate inside me. I again had intercourse (protected) and I had slight bleeding after that. Whenever I have the orgasm I bleed, this never happened before. I have an irregular cycle for one year. My periods come in about three or four months duration. Now it is four months already, and I am experiencing this dark brown spotting instead of my periods. Why is this happening? Please help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Considering the fact that your periods have been irregular since long and the interval is three to four months, then for sure, you should be evaluated for causes of oligomenorrhea like PCOD (polycystic ovary disease), hypothyroidism, and hyperprolactinemia.

Also important is to rule out the pregnancy as you have been sexually active. Once ruled out then a per speculum examination can be conducted to rule out cervicitis, or erosions which can cause post-coital bleeding. So a gynecologist examination would be recommended.

Is spotting due to I-pill or early pregnancy symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor,I had unprotected sex five month back and took I-pill within 12 to 14 hours. I have done home tests on the sixth and ninth day which were negative. I had brown spotting on the 13th day and some spotting today as well. My last period was ten days before having sex. Is the spotting due to th...  Read Full »

What causes bleeding after sex?

Query: Hi doctor, Last night I had sex with my wife. It was the last day of her periods. She bled light red color with some watery fluid in it. I would like to know, is that from menstruation or virginity defloration? Does she lose her virginity?  Read Full »

I have irregular periods and vaginal dryness. Can IUD be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I have irregular periods and vaginal dryness. I also have premenstrual spotting, followed by three days of profuse bleeding. I got an IUCD placed ten years back. I use Minoxidil 5 % for topical application, since three months, but I stopped it 15 days back. I have a history of vitamin ...  Read Full »