Q. I am suffering from vaginal spotting and swelling of leg after C- section. What is the treatment?

Dr. Meenakshi Agarwal

I am a 32-years-old female. My second baby was delivered by LS/CS method before a week after completing 36.5 weeks. Doctor also removed my uterus as I had been suffering from a complication of central placenta previa with increta/parcreta. And I had even bled a few little clots during 29th week. During the above operation, I lost heavy bleeding about 4.5 liters, for which six units blood and four units plasma were transfused and was admitted to CCU for ventilator support.

After a few days, I was discharged from the hospital with a stable condition before four days. After arrival at home, my legs started swelling and also releasing vaginal blood spottings occasionally. Besides, my above C-section was performed with a large cut than my previous cesarean was done before five years, and the doctor has advised visiting for stitches (sutures) removal. Please share your opinion and advise me over the above case, including swelling, blood spottings, large cesarean cut, and future complications on account of above issues.

Dr. Meenakshi Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Placenta previa with increta is a severe condition, so uterus has to be removed due to bleeding. Swelling may be due to anemia or blood transfusions. Take tablet Lasix one tablet once a day, it will cause frequent urination. Blood spots will disappear after a few days. Take a rest. What about the baby? The cut was large because surgeon first done lscs (lower segment cesarean section) then because of bleeding decided to do a hysterectomy.

| 
Baby is good.

My mom had hysterectomy for adenocarcinoma. Is radiation therapy compulsory?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother had complex endometrial hyperplasia for which surgery was fixed and last week, hysterectomy along with salpingo-oophorectomy and pelvic lymphonodectomy was done. After surgery, the parts were sent for histopathology. It was diagnosed as stage-2 endometrial adenocarcinoma. The...  Read Full »

RBC count 3.54, hematocrit 33.3, and hemoglobin 11.4. Are these values normal to have after C-section?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife gave birth before nine days, and we did a blood test yesterday, and her RBC count was 3.54, hematocrit 33.3, and hemoglobin was 11.4. Is this a normal result considering she just had a C-section?  Read Full »

Does spotting after I-pill rule out pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife started her last menstrual cycle on the 22nd of the previous month. We had protected sex on the 27th of the previous month. Unfortunately, the condom ruptured but, I was able to pull it out a few seconds before ejaculating. Just to be safe, she took an I-pill seven hours after ...  Read Full »