Q. I am suffering from vaginal spotting and swelling of leg after C- section. What is the treatment?

Dr. Meenakshi Agarwal

I am a 32-years-old female. My second baby was delivered by LS/CS method before a week after completing 36.5 weeks. Doctor also removed my uterus as I had been suffering from a complication of central placenta previa with increta/parcreta. And I had even bled a few little clots during 29th week. During the above operation, I lost heavy bleeding about 4.5 liters, for which six units blood and four units plasma were transfused and was admitted to CCU for ventilator support.

After a few days, I was discharged from the hospital with a stable condition before four days. After arrival at home, my legs started swelling and also releasing vaginal blood spottings occasionally. Besides, my above C-section was performed with a large cut than my previous cesarean was done before five years, and the doctor has advised visiting for stitches (sutures) removal. Please share your opinion and advise me over the above case, including swelling, blood spottings, large cesarean cut, and future complications on account of above issues.

#

Placenta previa with increta is a severe condition, so uterus has to be removed due to bleeding. Swelling may be due to anemia or blood transfusions. Take tablet Lasix one tablet once a day, it will cause frequent urination. Blood spots will disappear after a few days. Take a rest. What about the baby? The cut was large because surgeon first done lscs (lower segment cesarean section) then because of bleeding decided to do a hysterectomy.

Baby is good.
# Okay

|