Q. Is it possible to cure eye focus problem in a child?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

I want to know if it is possible to correct the eyes of a child that does not focus properly. The condition is when the child is looking straight, the eyes appear as if it is looking elsewhere.

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Your child has squint eyes. This can be due to multiple causes.

1. Refractive error or glass number.

2. Congenital squint due to neurological issues.

3. Retinal or optic nerve pathology.

Kindly get your child evaluated from a pediatric ophthalmologist. Initially, they will prescribe glasses and then observe. Occasionally patching therapy may be recommended.

If the eyes fail to align after a few months of therapy and after ruling out all treatable causes of squint, surgical correction of squint may be undertaken if needed and desired by parents.

It will help if you post a picture of the squint so better guidance can be provided.

|