Q. Can you please give a second opinion on squint surgery to avoid any permanent damage?

Answered by
Dr. Arnab Pal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 28, 2021

Hello doctor,

I am 25 years old, and when I was 1 year old, I had a heat stroke that caused an eye squint. My glasses cover the squint, but it gets noticeable on camera. Also, if I am not wearing glasses and someone looks at me from a distance, squint is quite noticeable. I have been told that my squint cannot be corrected by surgery as there are chances it may not get covered with glasses as well after the surgery. They used to do the eye patch test but never gave me prism glasses. But, recently, I have changed my doctor, and he gave me prism glasses for a month, worked fine, said surgery is possible, and it is my call if I want it. I want to get it corrected and go for the surgery, but with all the fears, I want a second opinion on it to avoid any permanent damage. I am attaching the latest prescriptions along with the prescriptions of my previous doctor.



Welcome to

I do not think heat stroke has caused your squint. I would definitely like to see pictures where the squint is visible. You seem to be suffering from the alternate divergent squint. The amount of squint is also not much. So I suggest you try the convergence exercise if you have not tried it. Otherwise, both eye lateral rectus recession of 7.5 mm will be okay, and with you having good vision, squint is unlikely to return after surgery.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I cannot read anything. How to reduce my eye dryness?

Sometimes dryness is associated with convergence weakness of eye muscles ... Dryness associated with convergence weakness ... Also please get your fusional range che...   Read full

Is squint surgery safe?

.. gone through the documents and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have large angle esotropia (90PD) (a form of squint). As per my experience, operating two muscles will reduce the deviation, but will not correct it fully...   Read full

My age is 26. I have crossed eyes/squint eyes. Suggest me any solution.

Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I get numbness in the penis during orgasm. I have been doing lower back exercises since two days for my back pain. Since then, I think I have been having mild pain around the genital area and this problem of nu...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

What You Should Eat and Drink for A Healthy Life!!
Food is essential for our survival, and what we eat definitely impacts our health. We can easily reduce the risk of many...  Read more»
What Is ADHD and How Is It Managed?
This article discusses ADHD, whether it is a real condition, features of ADHD, how to recognize and manage this common c...  Read more»
Does a cold sore indicate cervical cancer?
Hi doctor,Can a cold sore virus cause cervical cancer? I never had sex before, but I have caught a cold sore from one of...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Eye Care Ophthalmologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.