iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersOphthalmology (Eye Care)squint eyesHow to cure the squint in my eyes after I started wearing glasses?

Please suggest some exercise to reduce squint eyes.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 28, 2017
Reviewed AtDecember 22, 2021

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I have squint eyes, please check the attached picture. I am 24 years old, and I started wearing glasses when I was 16. I do not think I had squint before I started wearing glasses. Please suggest some exercise to reduce squint or tell me what will be best for me. I have -3 power with cylindrical power in both eyes.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • Considering that you have a refractive error with cylindrical power, you can get corneal topography done. -3 is a moderate refractive error. Convergence exercises (pencil push ups) can be tried.
  • The photographs uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are in extreme gaze. Kindly upload photographs with a front gaze. With and without glasses to assess the appropriate degree of squint.
  • Also, kindly mention whether the squint is present at all times or during certain hours. This will help to suggest appropriate exercise regimen and duration. And will also decide whether any surgical intervention is required.

Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

The Probable causes

Differential diagnosis

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Thank you for replying. Yes, the squint is present at all the times. Many people have pointed out my squint, which depresses me and decreases my confidence to talk eye to eye. I am attaching pictures with and without specs in different directions. Please tell me the best solution. Exercise and other non-surgical methods are preferable. Also, I was thinking of doing LASIK to get perfect vision. Please tell me how to fix squint. Thank you.


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I have seen the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • Your squint is minimal. It belongs to a variety known as intermittent divergent squint. Convergence exercise is advised. You can read about them. Also, kindly visit your nearest ophthalmologist for accurate measurement of the squint, as there are various devices to measure them.
  • LASIK will not help with squint correction. You can try using contact lens and assess if squint is controlled. I hope this helps.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan
Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy