Q. Can you help with the correct treatment for Staphylococcal infection?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2020

I am 24 years old. For about three years, I have been suffering from a bacterium called Staphylococcus aureus. This bacterium appears always in urine culture analysis. Symptoms of this bacterium in me are burning and frequent urination. I have done all the analyses of the body and come out fine except that the urine analysis revealed the bacterium. Can you help in determining the exact medicament or a cure that must follow its disappearance? I am currently on Furamag and Cistimed.

#

Please relax and do not worry.

You are suffering from repeated UTI (urinary tract infection) due to Staphylococcus aureus. Staph aureus UTI is not common, so there might be contamination of urine sample every time.

I think you require ultrasound of abdomen with post-void residual urine.

Also, get one fresh culture done. Take a proper and adequate dose of antibiotics and have to repeat the culture after three days of finishing antibiotics to ensure that the infection is gone.

Meanwhile, for burning urine I suggest syrup Cital 10 mL (Disodium hydrogen citrate) in the morning and evening with a glass of water. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

What Can Be The Reason For Recurrent Boil?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a boil on my inner thigh, which keeps recurring. I have had a boil in the same spot before. When I popped it went away, but now it has come back. It is also very painful. Please help.  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full »

Antibiotics for urinary tract infection treatment

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection. I get these once in every couple of years. I need to get an antibiotic to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»