Q. I have a cluster of painless genital warts at the base of the penis. What is the treatment?

Dr. Deepti Shukla

In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed three genital warts clustered at the base of my penis, and they seem to have grown a lot during this period. There is no pain or soreness. How can I treat these? I am on Testosterone for osteopenia.

#

I saw the photo you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but it is blurred and warts are not clearly visible.

But if you are sure that these are warts then you can apply Imiquimod cream. Apply on alternate days that is three times a week on the wart. First apply Vaseline on the surrounding area of warts then apply this cream in a small quantity only over the warts and be careful that is should not spread to normal skin because Imiquimod causes irritation on normal skin.

Take tablet Zinc sulfate daily one tablet after dinner for one month. This treatment is only applicable if you are sure that these are warts.

So, who would be the best person to see if they are in fact warts? Also, I need a prescription for the cream. I have attached a better picture.

#

I went through your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I could see a red bump on the penis. That is definitely not wart. I am so sorry but the photo is still blurred but these red bumps are not warts. They look like steatocystoma multiplex. Steatocystoma multiplex are harmless benign cyst of sebaceous glands.

Do not worry these are completely harmless, you can get it removed. As there is no tablet nor cream for it, excision is the only option, you can visit a good dermatologist and get it removed when it is safe. It is not urgent. Also, do not apply Imiquimod on it.

|