Simethicone

My 40 days old daughter is crying day and night inspite of having Colicaid. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 40 days old and she is crying a lot day and night. When consulted a doctor he prescribed Colicaid, and I am giving the same till now but there is no difference. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope your baby is fine. The dictum you have to follow in baby care is to remember, a crying infant is a hungry infant. Secondly, neve ever bottlefeed and give only breast milk. If you still decide to give formula feeds, feed it with a spoon or baby sipper and give ...  Read Full »

Why does my 3 month old baby cry for half an hour every night?

Query: Hello doctor, My 3 month old baby cries every night for about half an hour before she sleeps. Is this normal? What might be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common complaint in newborn babies and infants. Is your baby is feeding well and has good weight? Does she have normal stools and urination? Is there any other health concern? The common causes of frequent crying in infants could be the following: ...  Read Full »

My 5 months old baby often cries due to gas problem. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,My baby has just completed 5 months. We are giving her formula milk since my wife had less milk. She has constant problems with gas. I have given her Colicaid before a feed and burp her 15 to 20 minutes after every feed and gas gets released as well. Even after that, she cries due to gas p...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, this is an absolutely normal phenomenon in this age group. The child will pass gas like a big person. Do not worry. Regarding the use of Colicaid (Simethicone), it is an absolutely safe medicine. Please stick to it only when necessary. Also, you c...  Read Full »

Can Unwanted 72 cause early and abnormal periods?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife took Unwanted 72 eight days back, and she got her periods after five days. The bleeding is not normal, and her period was not due. Please help.  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unwanted 72 is a high dose of progesterone hormone, which is the same hormone produced in the body in the second half of period after ovulation. This pill will suddenly increase the thickness of the inner lining of the uterus, making it unfavorable for a possible pregna...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for my baby's gas problem.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 28 days old. She is suffering from gas problem. I am not sure if it is colic pain as she does not cry a lot, but she is struggling to pass gas. She is squeezing her entire body to pass gas and due to this, she is not able to sleep properly. She will wake up in the middle of...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. New born babies, who are exclusively breastfed, will usually not develop gas like adults. While breastfeeding, they swallow some amount of air, which they try to bring out and strain for that or vomit feeds. It is a very common problem and can be easily overcome by ap...  Read Full »

What could be the root cause for bloated stomach after having food?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I am feeling bloated stomach and giddiness immediately after eating. The feel is more especially after lunch. What could be the root cause? Please explain. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting to have bloating after eating, especially lunch. These symptoms may be related to stomach issues like gastritis or gall bladder issues like biliary sludge (bile precipitation) or dyskinesia (gall bladder muscle motility disorder). In my opinion you sho...  Read Full »

My 3.5 years old son is very lean. Please suggest some medicines and a diet chart.

Query: Hello doctor, My 3.5 years old son, who weighs 14 kg, is very active and he likes to play all day. But, he is not gaining any weight, and he is very lean. He takes his meal properly, but he defecates twice or thrice daily. Do I have to worry? Or is it normal? Any diet chart or medicine recommendati...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that 14 kg is fine for a 3.5 years old child. Since this is a growing phase, children become taller, which actually makes the parent think that the child is thin. Do not worry about this. Also, you can reduce giving him outside food, and I suggest you give de...  Read Full »

My 2 month old baby is crying a lot. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 months old baby is crying a lot. She is crying most of the day and is refusing mother's milk. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If a 2 month old child is crying, then it could be due to pain in the abdomen due to colic. I suggest you start Colicaid drops (Dil oil, Fennel oil, and Simethicone), four drops thrice a day for three days. If the child is not taking ...  Read Full »

Can we use Glycerin suppository twice a week, for my 2 month old daughter?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 month old daughter started passing stool irregularly, from the past eight days. She was passing a lot of gas, but it did not smell. Seeing no improvement, we took her to the pediatrician, who said she had gas in her stomach. So, he gave her Decolic, Neopeptine, and Glycerin suppo...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This must probably be your first child, that is why this query. Please note that children under the age of six months may pass stools either 10 to 15 times a month or once in 2 to 3 days. And it is absolutely normal. You should be worried only if the child has not passed ...  Read Full »

My 7 week old baby's bilirubin level is 6.8 mg/dL. Kindly advise the drug and care.

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 7 weeks old. He is totally on breastfeed. Yesterday we noticed that his eyes were yellow and we took him to a doctor today. The doctor advised us a bilirubin test. The reports read as bilirubin total 6.8 mg/dL, bilirubin direct 0.9 mg/dL and bilirubin indirect 5.9 mg/dL. Kindly...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is one of the common complaints from the parents. Such levels of bilirubin are normal in the initial months of life. There is nothing to worry about it. The sleep pattern that you described is perfectly normal. Usually, babies cry continuously for a while and then go ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.