Q. Please suggest some medicine to cope with my stomach pain and diarrhea.

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2021

I am a 20 year old female. My height is 5'8" and weight is approximately 140 lbs. The only medication I am on right now is birth control pill. I woke up three days ago with diarrhea and terrible stomach pains. I felt nauseous, but I have never thrown up. The diarrhea has been persistent, but stops when I take Imodium. It is day 3 and I am still having the same symptoms. I have thought about taking Ibuprofen to deal with the pain, but it is known to aggravate a stomach ache. Is there anything I can do to cope with the pain and diarrhea? I am a student and have big tests coming up tomorrow, and would like to be able to site through them comfortably. The stomach pain is on and off as if they are period cramps, but I just got my period a week ago. Thank you for any help you offer.

#

• Though Lomotil (Diphenoxylate and Atropine) is not a drug, which needs to be recommended for routine use in diarrheal settings as this drug decreases the motility of gut, which can sometimes allow toxins to be absorbed in the gut.
  • Since you have got an important exam, this drug will help you tide over the exam period of three to four hours if you take it before the exams.
  • Kindly get yourself examined for the cause of diarrhea immediately and receive treatment with consent. Take enough oral fluids and electrolytes. I also suggest Dicyclomine for the colicky pain as a symptom relief.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|