Q. There is increased hunger with headache after taking medicines for stomach pain and vomiting. Please help.

Dr. Deepak Patel

My son is 3.9 years old. He had stomach pain with vomiting last week. His doctor gave Lanzol junior tablet and Sucrafil syrup, for vomit Emset syrup. After two days he frequently said he felt very hungry and still drinking more water very often. Since the last two days, he is saying back pain l, headache also feels hungry often. Today since evening 4 PM he has passed urine 20 times. Overall comes 750 ml. Also saying back pain and near above side hip pain too. I stopped Lanzol tablet, only giving Sucrafil and cough syrup. I have so much fear about his continuous sickness. Kindly tell me is it a serious issue.

Do you have a question on Stomach Pain or Baby Vomiting?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Deepak Patel

MD PEDIATRICS (UCMS & GTBH), DELHI ., MBBS (MAMC), DELHI, MEMBER OF INDIAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS, MEMBER OF
Child Health Paediatrics

Two days back your child had stomach pain and vomiting which appears to be due to food poisoning, you have given Lanzol (antacid), Sucrafil (antacid syrup) and Emeset for vomiting. But no antibiotic was given. The food poisoning seems to have corrected.

Now your child is feeling hungry, drinking more water and passing more urine. Back pain and headache is also there. These are not related to food poisoning and are different from it. Keeping in mind the symptoms there is possibility of diabetes, urinary tract infection, renal stones. I suggest you to do urine routine microscopy and culture test, blood sugar levels, urine ketones level, X-ray KUB and ultrasound KUB. These investigations will confirm the diagnosis.

Stop Lanzol, Sucrafil, Cough syrup, just give Syrup Ibugesic 5 ml three times a day for two days to relieve headache and backpain. I think that you should do all this investigations on immediate basis. Further treatment will depend on above reports.

I have stomach pain when I pass stools. Please suggest a medicine.
Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from a disease of the stomach for six months now. I feel a pain in my stomach when I pass stools. My stool is like mud or liquid, but not like water. I have consulted many doctors but I do not have relief yet. Please tell me what I should do. I am very worried.  Read Full >>
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems are not too worrisome. It can happen normally as well. I suggest you take the following medicines: Albendazole tablet 400 mg (for worms). Lactobacillus granules (Vizylac or Darolac) daily once for a week. Increase the intake of leafy vegetables, peas, bea...  Read Full

My baby has loose motions and frequently vomits after a feed. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, My 3-month-old baby is sick. He is not taking breastmilk but drinks a little water by spoon. He has loose motions. I have tried few medicines but he has not stopped vomiting frequently after feeding. I have tried giving antibiotics twice but it increased the loose motion and it does n...  Read Full >>
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child seems very fine because he has got a good weight gain. Now, coming over to your problems, your child is suffering from simple viral infection because multiple systems are involved like the respiratory and gastrointestinal tract. To deal with the resp...  Read Full

My 10 months old niece vomited, two hours after she got hit on her head. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, My niece got hit on her head, and she is crying since then. She is having a problem while sleeping, and she vomited after two hours of the collision. The collision was not that strong. Is it something serious or is it just trauma? There is no swelling on the head that I can see. Please h...  Read Full >>
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any head trauma has to be observed for signs and symptoms for about 48 hours. An external injury may or may not be there, but internal injury has to be looked for. Vomiting is a symptom of internal injury, but most kids also vomit due to crying excessively. She needs t...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now