Q. I get yellow stool and diarrhea with fatty foods and rib pain. Is gallbladder removal necessary?

Dr. Lalit Kumar Bansal

I am a 20-year-old female. I have had bad stomach issues since February. It started with yellow stool, and diarrhea when eating fatty foods. I have pain on and around my right rib cage and in the same spot in my back near my shoulder blade. I have done an HIDA scan and my EF was 68%. CT, ultrasound and blood work was normal. My doctor wants to remove my gallbladder anyway because he says I seem to be symptomatic without test evidence. Have you ever heard of this before? Is this possible?

#

I will definitely help you. As per your history and investigation report your diagnosis maybe some kind of hepatitis in which there is a yellow color of stool and urine without any evidence of any abnormalities in USG and CT scan.

If USG (ultrasound) is normal and there is no evidence of gallstones then no need to remove gall bladder as it is a very sensitive investigation for gallstones. I will advise you to do hepatitis A, B, C, and hepatitis E marker tests for confirmation of diagnosis. Please attach all investigation reports for better comments about your illness.

I need your liver function test also. I am advising treatment for you please start as soon as possible. Avoid fatty and spicy diet. Drink plenty of water.

Hepatitis A, B, C and E antigen. LFT (liver function test).

Tablet Udiliv 300 mg BD for 15 days, Pantoprazole 40 mg OD for 15 days.

|