Gallstones

Is gallstone removal a major surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a report of my mother's abdominal ultrasound. Please explain the seriousness of the issue.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement, you have been suffering from abdominal pain. According to the USG (ultrasound) of W/A (whole abdomen) report that is provided here (attachment removed to patient identity) has shown that hepatomegaly with fatty liver grade-1, acute calculus ...  Read Full »

Is it life-threatening if gallstones remain unremoved before delivery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 31 weeks pregnant, and the ultrasound showed I have gallstones and pancreatitis. My amylase test result came high as 116. Is this an emergency or life-threatening since it is high? Can I manage the symptoms until delivery? I want to know the risk at 116.   Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. One high amylase level cannot predict pancreatitis. However, if you have serial testing of serum amylase and that showed an upward surge, then it is a concerning thing. Additionally, abdominal pain is the hallmark of pancreatitis, not just a single blood test of am...  Read Full »

Will gallbladder removal cause any complications post surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to take a second opinion about my wife. She is 26 years old. Two years back, a few days after she gives birth to my child, she had pain in her upper abdomen at the right side. In ultrasound, it was diagnosed that she had gallstones about 6 mm with multiple stones. When we appr...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best advice is that she should have a gallbladder removal via laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Since it not only help her to get rid of this noxious pain, but she can avoid the long term complication of chronic cholecystitis that is related to the gallbladder stones...  Read Full »

What could cause tolerable pain in the right upper part of the abdomen below the ribs?

Query: Hello doctor, Sometimes, I have pain but tolerable in my upper right part of the abdomen just a little below the rib part. I do not smoke and drink too. Please help.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, BP is fine for your weight. Among reports, your lipid profile is deranged and rest is fine. In that, your LDL (low density lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol is elevated. Since you are young, it is better to try trial of healthy lifestyle for a period of eight ...  Read Full »

What can cause extreme pain in the upper right abdominal area on breathing?

Query: My boyfriend has extreme pain when he breathes in his upper right abdominal area. This is the third time this month and it started at around 7 pm last night and he went to the hospital last night at 1am. They told him they couldn’t find anything on the xrays or blood work. He woke up this morning ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello Dear. I welcome you to icliniq. I feel very sorry for his pain. The causes of severe pain in upper part of the abdomen are gall bladder stones common bile duct stones-stones within the bile duct which drain bile (a yellow secretion) from gall bladder to small bowel peptic ulcers - ulcers wi...  Read Full »

My right side stomach looks bigger than the left with pain near navel. What is the possible diagnosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male. I am experiencing pain in my right side of the stomach, about 7 inches right of my navel (in line with my navel). When I sit or lay down I do not feel pain as long as I do not move. I feel pain whenever I take deep breathe, cough, and move my torso. My stool...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you diabetic? Do you feel any pain after food intake? I have seen the images that you attached with your query (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Possible causes are: 1. This is the area for gallbladder possibility of cholecystitis. 2. Right ur...  Read Full »

Can gallstone of 9 mm size cause severe abdominal pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 62 years old. A week back, I had severe abdomen pain so I took an ultrasound. The report says I have 9 mm size gallstone. I have also checked my lipid profile which are normal. I request you kindly suggest further action required. I am currently taking Lipicard.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have to have more information about this pain before I can tell you what is the cause of this pain. Usually, the gall bladder stone of such size (less than 10 mm) in size does not cause pain, and if it does, then the pain has to be characteristic one like pain starts...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have gallstones without symptomatic test evidence?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I have had bad stomach issues since February. It started with yellow stool, and diarrhea when eating fatty foods. I have pain on and around my right rib cage and in the same spot in my back near my shoulder blade. I have done an HIDA scan and my EF was 68%....  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will definitely help you. As per your history and investigation report your diagnosis maybe some kind of hepatitis in which there is a yellow color of stool and urine without any evidence of any abnormalities in USG and CT scan. If USG (ultrasound) is normal and t...  Read Full »