Q. I have severe right-sided pain in the head, which feels like a vibration. Please help.

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

I suffer from severe pain on the right side of my head from several years. The pain is especially in the area between the frontal lobe and parietal lobe, probably in the area of the motor strip and sensory strip. The pain is in the form of vibrations of low frequency. The painful vibrations extend through the part mentioned in the brain to the right side of tongue in the path of a straight line. The pain reduces as I press at temples, and I feel relief at the problematic area, and the pain starts again as I remove pressure from the temples. The pain starts if I work, think, listen, or write, and if I keep working during the pain, it increases and compels me to stop working. Loud sounds become unbearable during the pain. Simple relaxation or sleep relieves me from pain. It has become a major obstruction during my studies, and it makes me uncomfortable at times. I had my MRI checked, and it showed no problem.

#

• You have unilateral discomfort over head and face, which is intermittent. It does not fit into migraine or trigeminal neuralgia. It looks like stress related probably.
  • I would suggest tablet Amitriptyline 10 mg, once a day at night for a month. Meditation along with this could help you significantly.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|