Q. Is this treatment sufficient for stroke?

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had MR angiography of brain vessels. No flow of signals are noted in basilar and left posterior cerebral arteries. And a very minimal faint flow signal is noted in the right posterior cerebral artery. I have attached my MRA, current medication list and blood test reports for your reference. Please help.

#

I have seen the attachments as well as the MRA report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• From these, I can find that the patient has suffered from a strokeStroke is actually a problem in brain that arises because the blood vessels supplying blood to the brain are clogged.
  • In case of this patient, few vessels are blocked and hence blood did not flow. Hence, the cells in the areas supplied by those blood vessels have died.
  • She also has slightly elevated renal parameters and lipid profile.
  • She has been given,
  1. Candiclear 250 mg for treatment against candidiasis.
  2. Deplatt-A (Clopidogrel) to reduce blood clotting.
  3. Modlip 40 mg (Atorvastatin) to reduce elevated fat.
  4. Olsar 20 mg (Olmesartan) to keep blood vessels from narrowing.
  5. Fludac 20 mg (Fluoxetine) for depression.
  6. Pan-D (Pantoprazole) to reduce acidity.
  7. For constipation Cremaffin (Liquid Paraffin).

For further doubts consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

My question is that, is this treatment sufficient or do you suggest any other treatment for recovering?

#

• The treatment is sufficient and there is no other specific treatment required.
  • Please check blood urea nitrogen, creatinine, lipid profile along with blood PT (prothrombin time), aPTT (activated partial thromboplastin time) and INR (international normalized ratio) after two weeks. It is just to make sure that these parameters are within the normal range.

Check blood urea nitrogen, creatinine, lipid profile, blood PT, aPTT and INR after two weeks.

Revert back after two weeks with the report to a neurologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|