Q. Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Published on Oct 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 25, 2019

I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?

#

• This could be a sign of:
  1. Dehydration.
  2. Urinary tract infection.
  3. Excessive fatigue.
  4. Alcohol.
  5. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal.
  6. Postictal state (seizure).
  7. Electrolyte disturbances.
  • Others would also include infection of the central nervous system like encephalitis.
  • Your confusion has persisted long enough, I would suggest that you go to the hospital and get evaluated.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

MRI shows stroke and brain changes. Is it due to untreated sleep apnea?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient underwent extensive routine physical examination including MR/CT imaging and laboratory analysis earlier this month. The MR Brain shows evidence of lacunar stroke and ischemic brain changes. Please advise if these might be connected to untreated obstructive sleep apnea (mor...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for hypoglycemia?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from diabetes for three years. She is 61 years old and weighs 40 kg. She was on Gemer-1. Early morning around 5 AM, she often complains of excessive sweating and weakness. Sweating stops after taking tea, biscuit or sugar. She has stopped taking medication for...  Read Full »

What can I do to manage anxiety attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I get a type of anxiety and fear of going out somewhere. Six years ago, when I was in high school some guy gave me something to smoke. I did not know what it was. That day, I went home and I was high. The next morning I woke up fine and went to school. After some time, I started to feel l...  Read Full »