Q. Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?

#

• This could be a sign of:
  1. Dehydration.
  2. Urinary tract infection.
  3. Excessive fatigue.
  4. Alcohol.
  5. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal.
  6. Postictal state (seizure).
  7. Electrolyte disturbances.
  • Others would also include infection of the central nervous system like encephalitis.
  • Your confusion has persisted long enough, I would suggest that you go to the hospital and get evaluated.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

MRI shows stroke and brain changes. Is it due to untreated sleep apnea?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient underwent extensive routine physical examination including MR/CT imaging and laboratory analysis earlier this month. The MR Brain shows evidence of lacunar stroke and ischemic brain changes. Please advise if these might be connected to untreated obstructive sleep apnea (mor...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I carefully went through your question and the patient's medical history. I reviewed her medical report and the uploaded brain MRI study (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that those changes are indicative of small vessel disease, whic...  Read Full

What are the reasons for hypoglycemia?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from diabetes for three years. She is 61 years old and weighs 40 kg. She was on Gemer-1. Early morning around 5 AM, she often complains of excessive sweating and weakness. Sweating stops after taking tea, biscuit or sugar. She has stopped taking medication for...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep V Nair
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother is getting hypoglycemic attacks during early morning hours. Hypoglycemic attacks are episodes of low blood sugar values occurring in blood. Due to this she is having excessive sweating and weakness. Taking a sweet item is the correct treatment for such an atta...  Read Full

What can I do to manage anxiety attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I get a type of anxiety and fear of going out somewhere. Six years ago, when I was in high school some guy gave me something to smoke. I did not know what it was. That day, I went home and I was high. The next morning I woke up fine and went to school. After some time, I started to feel l...  Read Full >>

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all your details. No panic attack itself is a positive development. This also shows that you are able to manage your anxiety disorder. There are many aspects to your issue. The first substance abuse and resultant anxiety, relationship problems with yo...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now