Q. Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 25, 2019

I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?

#

• This could be a sign of:
  1. Dehydration.
  2. Urinary tract infection.
  3. Excessive fatigue.
  4. Alcohol.
  5. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal.
  6. Postictal state (seizure).
  7. Electrolyte disturbances.
  • Others would also include infection of the central nervous system like encephalitis.
  • Your confusion has persisted long enough, I would suggest that you go to the hospital and get evaluated.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|