iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersSexologyintrusive repetitive thoughtsHow to get rid of scary thoughts after visualizing what I saw in a scary movie?

I am scared that what I saw in a scary movie will happen to me. Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 23, 2017
Reviewed AtDecember 16, 2021

Patient's Query

I am a female, and I recently saw a scary movie, where a man used a turkey baster to insert semen into a woman's vagina. This scared me very much, and I remember one time I fell asleep on a couch in a study room. If someone did something like this to me while I was asleep, it would have woken me up, right?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• It is normal to some extent to have scary thoughts after visualizing scary scenes in the movies or real life. The kind of idea which you are experiencing is known as intrusive thoughts and mostly very scary and distressful. However, I like to assure you that most of us experience intrusive thoughts and can discard these thoughts as abnormal.
  • Regarding your question, I like to assure you that it is never possible to have some object in the vagina and not noticing it due to the effect of sleep. Fortunately, our body is so sensitive to private part stimulation that even a light touch can be noticed despite the presence of deep sleep.
  • In my opinion, it is right to say that any stated misadventure should have awakened you.

I hope this helps you. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions. Thanks and regards.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Patient's Query

Also, one time I was drinking with my friends, and I had about six shots and fell asleep a while later. Another time, I had 15 shots of tequila, and my roommate took care of me, and I fell asleep at about 11.30 PM. I woke up around 10.30 AM, but an hour before that my roommate went out to get breakfast and left the door unlocked. I am a 20 year old female and weigh about 135 pounds. The night I had six shots and the morning after I had 15 shots when my roommate left my door unlocked, nothing like that would have happened, correct? I know I am paranoid.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar

I do not think you are paranoid. I would prefer to say that you are concerned or rather slightly over concerned.

• As stated above, we all have these thoughts, and sometimes, it needs some external information to dismiss them. In my opinion, you are the one who needs some affirmation from outside, and that is all.
  • I agree that you had some binge drinking and fell asleep and it was a time when you were surrounded by your friends. I am sure that your friends will not cause any harm to you and prevent any harm coming your way.
  • However, as a precaution, I will suggest you limit the drinking and any form of substance abuse in future. This is important as the irregular and beyond limit substance abuse causes harm to us, and there may be more chances for this annoying thoughts.

I hope this helps you further. Thanks and regards.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ashok Kumar
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Geriatrics

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Sexology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy