Q. Are sunken eyes reversible?

Dr. Bharat Patodiya
Published on Oct 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I delivered my baby three years back. After a year, I started suffering from sunken eyes due to lack of sleep, high stress and improper nutrition. For the last six months, I am taking good care of myself and my eyes have slightly improved. I want to know if sunken eyes are reversible. If yes, then how long will it take? I am 31 years old. Please help.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Oncology
#

You have explained your problem well.

• The sunken eyes are definitely reversible, especially when you have started taking good care of yourself.
  • Ask someone who has not met you for a while to compare old picture and now to tell you how much difference is there in your eyes over the last two years. Try to make it objective by grading number.
  • If you want, then you can undergo cosmetic procedure such as peeling to reduce the tan. The laser has also evolved in cosmetics and are helpful to a certain extent.
  • At the last, even tissue fillers can be tried if everything fails, but I will keep that at the end.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Skin Rejuvenation

Article Overview: Most of us desire to have a youthful appearance, as greater physical attractiveness can have psychological benefits affecting a person's social interaction, job status, and personal image. In this article, I have discussed a few measures to maintain one's youthful appearance. Read Article

Cosmetologist

Aging is a continuous ongoing chronological process. It is genetically controlled and inevitable. The desire to maintain a youthful appearance and delay the changes of aging is becoming a common demand nowadays. The aging of facial skin is a genetically driven one. Basically, it is out of one's con...  Read Article

Is laser treatment safe for acne scars?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. For the last six months, I am facing mild to moderate acne, which has resulted in scarring. Please provide your opinion as to which cosmetic treatment should I opt. Though I have consulted a cosmetologist, I am a bit reluctant to go for these procedures due to its poten...  Read Full »

Which medicine should I take for patchy beard?

Query: Hi doctor, Actually, my skin tone is medium and is very oily. I want to have a white and fair skin tone. I also want to get rid of this oily skin. I have been taking Omega 3 capsules for two months as someone told me that it will help me for my skin, but I did not notice any changes. Now, one of my ...  Read Full »