Q. Is laser treatment safe for acne scars?

Answered by Dr. Aditi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Acne or Pcos? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Is laser treatment safe for acne scars?

I am 26 years old. For the last six months, I am facing mild to moderate acne, which has resulted in scarring. Please provide your opinion as to which cosmetic treatment should I opt. Though I have consulted a cosmetologist, I am a bit reluctant to go for these procedures due to its potential side effects. I have a thin face, so I want to go for dermal fillers to get a fuller look. Are these fillers safe? Which filler would be the best for the long-term? Also, I have got mild acne on the back and scars as well. Please provide a solution for this and suggest me the course of action of the cosmetic treatment and fillers.