iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDiabetologyweaknessWhat to do for shoulder pain, weakness and tingling sensation on hand in a diabetic patient?

I am diabetic with weakness, shoulder pain and tingling sensation on hand. What to do?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At October 14, 2019
Reviewed AtJuly 12, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a diabetic patient. I am having weakness, shoulder pain, and tingling sensation on hand. I am taking the following medicines Lantus injection 26 units in the morning, K GEM (Gliclazide 50 mg and Metformin 500 mg), K pio (Pioglitazone hydrochloride 15 mg), Tendia (Teneligliptin 20 mg), Forxiga (Dapagliflozin 10 mg). Blood sugar level: FBS 200 mg/dl and PPBS 250 to 270 mg/dl. What to do for this? Please help.

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query, and from what you have mentioned, I would suggest increasing the dose of Lantas to 30 units once daily. Try to rotate the insulin injection sites as well. Try to walk for 30 minutes and drink 12 glasses of water daily. It will help the natural lowering of your blood sugar. I suggest taking Neurobion forte one tablet twice daily for your tingling. Try shoulder rotational exercise to help with your shoulder pain, but it should not be a weight-bearing exercise. just do flexibility exercise like yoga for the shoulder. Keep a regular follow up for better diabetes control. I hope this helps.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy