Q. Swelling on head of penis after masturbation. What is it?

Dr. Aamir Mohd
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, unmarried and had no physical relationship yet. Earlier, I have got circumcision. Now swelling of penis head is present. The swelling is more prominent on the left side but difference can be seen on all sides. I believe this happened two weeks ago, but I noticed it before a week or so because the swelling or bulging is not actually painful by itself. The cut of the pee hole has swollen from below and looks like a beak. Thick transparent liquid seeps out consistently. On pressing the swollen area on the sides, hardened veins are felt. When I noticed it first time, the veins were very hard and lumpy. It is a little less right now and swelling is also comparatively less than before.

Due to constant attention and pressing, there is slight piercing feeling in that section but this disappears after rest. There is slight discomfort, maybe because I have constant attention about it. Voluntary erection has become difficult but happens fine by itself sometimes and in sleep. I feel there is reduced stiffness and duration. There is no pain or obstruction during urinating or other discharge. Please help.

#

Kindly answer these questions, so that I can help you better.

• Do you masturbate a lot? If so, how many times in a week?
  • Is it done by lying on bed and pressing your penis?
  • Did you get fever since the swelling?

Revert back with the information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I usually masturbate only once a week. I am in a relationship right now. Occasionally I masturbate continuously for 3 nights but only once per night. Yes, I do masturbate lying on bed by pressing penis. I have no fever or any other side effects. Please help me, I am very worried.

#

• You have to stop masturbating lying on bed permanently and in routine for two weeks. Do not press your penis hard while masturbating.
  • You have to stop worrying about it. The penis swelling will go within a week when you stop masturbating and do not think about swelling a lot.
  • If the swelling do not go after one week then you can get back.
  • Do not worry it is not a big issue. Relax and concentrate on your studies. Play outdoor games like badminton, football and cricket.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 
1 out of 1 likes