Q. My left nose makes a weird sound following a hit. Why?

Answered by Dr. Syed Tehmid and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Do you have a question on Swollen Nose or Epistaxis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

One week ago and five days, I hit a school clock off the wall and on the left side of my nose. I went to the E.R., and they said it was not broken, and it was only swollen and bruised. The swelling went down, but it is still hurting, and it has been stuff since then. I used a flashlight to look into my nose, and in the left nostril, I saw to things like deep into that was red and kind of swollen, and when I looked into the right nostril, I saw the same thing, but they were pink and not swollen. But when I breathe in hard, my left nostril makes a weird nose like a motor that was not before the injury. Please help.