Q. I masturbate everyday and my penis skin has got swollen after ejaculation. What should I do?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 02, 2021

I usually masturbate every day. Yesterday I was masturbating by pressing my penis. After ejaculation, my penis skin got swollen from the side. It still persists now. What to do? Please help me.

#

I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It occurs due to persistent rough masturbation. The skin gets inflamed and you have swelling due to it. It needs to be treated soon. Please apply Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone cream two to three times a day for five days and it will go away soon. Please say whether you use any hard object for masturbation and had any unprotected sex recently. Please mention whether you have any swelling and rash under the skin or itching. Please answer my questions.

I masturbated by lying on my bed and pressed my penis consistently. After ejaculation, I went to the toilet to release it. I had this condition before but it subsides within a day. But now, it still persists and I am worried about it. I do not have any unprotected sex and I do not have any rashes on my skin. Is it good to apply the cream? If it is good, should I need to apply it on the outer skin? Please suggest.

#

Yes, it is due to that reason only. You should not press the penis and leave the sperm to stay inside the skin. You can apply the cream on the outside and inner parts. It will reduce the swelling and the chances of infection will get decreased soon. Do not worry and it will get healed very soon. Please say about the duration of practicing masturbation and any symptoms in the pubic area with swelling, or redness.

I have swelling on the skin. I have been masturbating like this for some time. Is there any chance for the sperm to go inside the skin when I pressing it? I do not have redness and the condition is like that present in the picture.

#

No, the sperms cannot go inside the skin. Do not worry about it. For now, please apply the cream and do not practice masturbation for a week until it gets completely healed. Do not hold the penis and let it flow naturally on the tissue. Follow general hygiene and wash the penis after masturbation.

|