Q. What are these bumps I have in my nose, upper lip and eyebrow?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 17, 2020

I have bumps around my nose, upper lip area and eyebrow. I have been to two dermatologists and they did not able to provide a treatment to get rid of them. I have had the bumps since I was 16. No topical creams have ever been able to help. The bumps do not cause any pain. One bump along the crease of the nose was extracted by a dermatologist for laboratory testing and the report came back as negative. I would like to know what exactly these bumps are.

#

I have read your concern and examine your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It looks like you are having syringoma or sarcoidosis.
  • Syringoma is a noncancerous skin tumor formed by well-differentiated ductal elements. It is usually asymptomatic.
  • Also, syringoma will be seen with itching occasionally.
  • We need to do deep biopsy to rule out syringoma from other disease like microcystic adnexal carcinoma. Sometimes, rebiopsy is required.
  • As syringomas are embedded within the deep layer of skin, complete removal cannot be achieved.
  • Possible treatments include the following, which should be done by dermatosurgeon only.
  1. Excision followed by suturing.
  2. Cryotherapy.
  3. Trichloroacetic acid cautery.
  4. CO2 laser (carbon dioxide laser).

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|