Q. I am suffering from shiny slightly raised bump on the shaft of my penis. Kindly help.

Dr. Dilip Meena
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 25, 2019

I have a shiny, slightly raised bump on the shaft of my penis.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

I do not think it is a genital wart. It does not look like any STD except maybe genital molluscum contagiosum, but those are some shaped implicated papules. Is it itchy? And what is the duration? Do any other body parts have the same lesions?

Not itchy and not sure about the duration because I just noticed it last night. No other lesions that I know of.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

Not being itchy exclude other itchy condition which can present like this like papular urticaria, scabies or lichen planus. In that, it might be penile syringoma or sebaceous gland hyperplasia. It is difficult to differentiate these things clinically sometimes, and a skin biopsy is the only thing to confirm.In case of it being papular urticaria, which is a term for the reaction caused by tiny insects, it should subside in a few days. Though the other differentials I put namely penile syringoma and sebaceous gland hyperplasia, are benign and harmless. If one wants to confirm the diagnosis, then the skin biopsy is the only option.

I have inflammation and small red bumps on the penis after sex and masturbation. Is this balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have inflammation of the penis head and small red bumps on the outer edge of the penis after sex and masturbation. The bumps occur and disappear after a few days. I have been using antifungal cream for about a month and also took antibiotics. It looks like it has vanished but occurs b...  Read Full »

What are the small flat bumps on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, There are small flat bumps on penis. Is it herpes? I had rather rough sex with a partner a week before noticing these. I have been tested before and it has been negative and I have never had this before.  Read Full »

What are the red bumps on my penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some painless red bumps (few are very small, and one may be less than 1 mm) on my penis. I have already consulted a dermatologist. He said this is molluscum and homeopathy medicines will be helpful. But there are no recovery signs for a month taking homeopathy medicines. I am a...  Read Full »