Q. Should I consult a specialist regarding my gallbladder issues?

Published on Aug 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I had got an abdomen ultrasound done for other reasons but, the radiologist observed the following 'gallbladder is partially distended and showing few small concretions at the GB neck. Chronic patient of the prostate. Size 47 by 41 by 38 mm, volume 39 cc. Pre-void urine 281 cc, post void residual 71 cc. Please explain.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

How old are you?

• There is no need to worry. Small concretions are commonly found in the gallbladder. Also, the prostate size is enlarged and it is probably due to a benign prostatic hypertrophy. You should get Serum PSA (prostate-specific antigen) levels done, which would suggest the possible abnormalities in the prostate.
  • At this stage, to prevent gallstones formation, it is recommended that you try to maintain a healthy body weight by consuming appropriate calories and exercising for at least 30 minutes, five days a week.
  • Also, for the prostate problem, if you have any symptoms like straining at urination or an increased frequency of urine, then you should get medicines like tab Urimax D (a combination of Tamsulosin and Dutasteride) 0.4 mg prescribed to be taken at bedtime.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I do not need to worry about the gallbladder observation in the USG. I just need to take few precautions and do exercises. Is it correct? Or do I need to consult a gastro surgeon at this stage?

#

• There is no need to consult a gastroenterologist at this stage because there are no significant abnormalities.

There is absolutely no harm in visiting one just for your own mental satisfaction. All the best.

My ejaculate does not come out and gets stuck during orgasm. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old, male, and taking Dutasteride for ten years. Gradually, over the past two years, I have been seeing a change in my ejaculation. At the point of orgasm, the ejaculate no longer comes out. But this is definitely not retrograde ejaculation. The ejaculate gets stuck at t...  Read Full »

Semen volume has drastically reduced after Consistam D. Please suggest a remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46 year old male. I was diagnosed with prostatomegaly (enlarged prostate, 23.48 gm) with significant post void urine volume (86 ml). The doctor prescribed Consistam D once daily. After taking for 40 days, the urge to urination reduced but semen volume and pleasure in sex drastic...  Read Full »