Q. What can be done for pain in and around left molar, TMJ and ear caused by teeth grinding?

Dr.

I grind my teeth at night even though it has not been confirmed. I have the white lines on my cheeks. Yesterday and today I have this pain from my left molar to my TMJ and ear ache. And I do not know if it is from where the grinding is getting worse, a tooth infection, or ear infection. I have an ulcer at the back of my mouth where the white line is where I grind my teeth. A bit sore and tender at one spot under my mandible.

#

The grinding teeth at night usually come from stress or psychological problems so you should visit a dentist near to you in order to get a night guard to protect grinding teeth at night. At the same time, you should consult with your psychiatric physician to know the cause and the origin of the grinding that why it comes at night. The night guard is a plastic impression that covers the crown of your all teeth. You should wear at night when you are sleeping and you will remove when you wake up in the morning. It would be good to attach the photo of your teeth.

|