Q. Is it possible to whiten teeth using toothpaste?

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

I want to change my yellowish teeth to white. So which paste should I use?

#

First, see if the yellow shade is because of the calculus or your teeth shade is yellow. If it is plaque or calculus then you need to go to a dentist and get oral prophylaxis done. If the shade of your enamel is as such then do not bother much because there will be so many shades in enamel and do not try to change that to white.

Glizer toothpaste might help you before occasions. But do not use it regularly as this whitening toothpaste contains abrasive agents also which might cause wear of enamel.

| 

I have creamy and black colored teeth with bad smell. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. My problem is the teeth has become white for the past few years. The back portion of the teeth has become dark or black. Teeth are quite creamy. Often a bad smell spreads out from my mouth. My mother also suffers from this problem. I use whitening toothpaste but all are...  Read Full »

How long will it take for roughness to go after teeth whitening?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a teeth whitening at the dentist office which was done with a light and some paste put on my teeth. The light was on for 10 minutes and then new paste was added. This was done three times. The Dentist then confirmed that the process was successful and the teeth became 3 to 4 shade...  Read Full »

My teeth seem to be yellow. Can I go for teeth whitening?

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 26. My teeth seem to be yellow in color from the past few years. I do not have any other dental issues. So, I want an advice from the doctor that can I go for teeth whitening? Is it safe? Will it create any teeth problems in future? Or it may affect my health in any way? How lo...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»