Q. What are these orange and red lumps above the top teeth of my 10-month-old?

Dr. Paras Angrish

My 10-month-old baby is cutting her top tooth and there are orange and red lumps above where the tooth has started to come. What are these lumps? I have attached few pictures for your reference.

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentistry Paediatric Dentistry
#

I have seen the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

As your child is 10 months old, the upper teeth should have been erupted by this time. But three to six months delay is normal and it looks like your child is putting teether in his mouth and bitting it hard which is normal during teething.

If the lower teeth are there, they also exert pressure if the child bites strongly on upper gums which also leads to this condition.

Just check if there are no other lesions like this in the baby's mouth.

If the child is irritable, you can use an over-the-counter analgesic gel, like Dologel (Choline Salicylate and Lidocaine Topical) over the lesion only and keep the area clean.

Take lukewarm water and wipe the area with wet cotton and you can give the child a chilled teether to give relief.

If there is associated fever that is also normal up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

If the lesion does not resolve in three to four, visit a pediatric dentist to get a treatment. But, from the picture, it looks like it is only a teething trouble and this will resolve on its own.

Regards,

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|