Q. One of my breasts is tender and warm. Why?

Dr. Sanya Dhingra
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 30, 2020

I am 32 years old with a weight of 59 kilograms. One of my breasts seems to be tender and warm. It do not have a lump but I have a feeling of movement inside it. I am not taking medicines for it and I have this feeling for three weeks.

#

I would like to know whether you have redness over the breast, the presence of any discharge from the nipples, and fever. You must check your temperature to rule out the possibility of an abscess. You must do a BSE (breast self-examination) to rule out any lump. I also want to know whether you are lactating. Sometimes pain and warmth over the breast are evident before having a menstrual cycle. I need to know the answers to the questions so that I can help you further.

Check body temperature and do USG (ultrasound) of the affected breast

Take a pain medication (analgesic) available with you for now (two times in a day one in the morning and one in the night).

Have a follow up with the USG report.

| 

What causes swelling in tits?

Query: Hello doctor, Just as of today my nipples have got swollen and my boobs are tender to touch. It started less than an hour ago. I had headache all day. As far as I am aware, I am not sure what is going on? I never had this issue before. Please help.  Read Full »

Why am I having pain from my breast to the armpit?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female, who weighs 130 lbs and 5.3 feet tall. For about 12 days, I have had consistent pain in the outer side of my breast up through my armpit. I have a tingling and slightly numb feeling in my left arm. I did not injure it, as far as I am aware. It started suddenly...  Read Full »

I am getting a new breast lump in the same place after removal of the old one. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old. No family history of breast cancer. I have never been pregnant and never used a contraceptive. Before two years, I felt a breast lump (breast cyst-did does not disappear with aspiration. Aspirate was straw-colored). Got it out a year later. Biopsy showed fibrocystic...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a General Practitioner Now