Q. One of my breasts is tender and warm. Why?

Dr. Sanya Dhingra
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 04, 2021

I am 32 years old with a weight of 59 kilograms. One of my breasts seems to be tender and warm. It do not have a lump but I have a feeling of movement inside it. I am not taking medicines for it and I have this feeling for three weeks.

#

I would like to know whether you have redness over the breast, the presence of any discharge from the nipples, and fever. You must check your temperature to rule out the possibility of an abscess. You must do a BSE (breast self-examination) to rule out any lump. I also want to know whether you are lactating. Sometimes pain and warmth over the breast are evident before having a menstrual cycle. I need to know the answers to the questions so that I can help you further.

Check body temperature and do USG (ultrasound) of the affected breast

Take a pain medication (analgesic) available with you for now (two times in a day one in the morning and one in the night).

Have a follow up with the USG report.

|