Tendon Injury

What is the treatment for swelling and bruising caused by gymnastics?

Query: Hi doctor, I did some gymnastics on the trampoline and landed on it funny. Then, it started to hurt painfully. Now, it has bruised and swollen. I can only bend it backwards and not forward. Could you please help me?  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The image you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows that there is a bruise over the metacarpophalangeal joint that is at the base of your fingers. You might not be able to move it in all directions because of hematoma in that region or some tendon o...  Read Full »

Will caving in of biceps occur due to tendon rupture or tendonitis?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night I worked out my arms, mainly my biceps and today I woke up and noticed that the upper region of my biceps has caved-in a little. It seems like it has changed its shape slightly. It does not look like a popeye. There is no constant pain, but I do get a dull pain when I firml...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Naidu

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have received your query and have gone through your physical findings and my diagnosis and treatment advice regarding this would be as follows. You said that previous night you have worked out your arms, the next day you had pain in anterior shoulder, and pain is ...  Read Full »

Please explain my MRI findings for right shoulder pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain in my right shoulder probably because of my sporting activities or weight training. The doctor ordered an MRI and I got it done. I want to check if there are any findings.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your MRI report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). 1. There is a partial thickness tear involving the anterior and mid fibers of the distal supraspinatus tendon over the humerus head and can be seen to be prominent along the bursal surface of...  Read Full »

Is it possible for a tendon to swell and heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, Will extensor tendon disruption heal on its own? If so, how long will it take? Is it possible for a tendon to swell? If so, does it heal on its own and how long will it take?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Complete disruption of tendons needs surgical repair in most locations (Tendoachilles is an exception) to regain function. These tendons tend to spring back and usually do not heal till the edges are brought back and held in place surgically. The ends if not b...  Read Full »

I am not able to walk properly since a bus ran over my foot. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am not able to walk properly since a bus ran over my foot. Please help. I am attaching an x-ray of the foot.  Read Full »

Dr. Veerpal Singh Uppal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) seems to be fine, but it is not clear. So, consult a traumatologist or radiologist with a clear picture. And your medical history lacks complete information. However, limp after a trauma could be caused by dislo...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain and swelling eight months after impact injury to ankle?

Query: Hello doctor,Impact injury to right ankle eight months ago, still painful and gets swollen. MRI was done on it. I am 20 years old, 158 cm, and 52 kg. All healthy apart from this. My daily medication is 20 mg Fluoxetine.  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI scan does not show any area of strain or gross musculotendinous injury. Keep it elevated as much as possible. Apply Aircast ankle Sturrup orthosis (you can wear shoes over it too). Apply ice thrice daily for two days. I suggest the following medicines: Tablet...  Read Full »

Please comment if my RTA injury is a permanent one.

Query: Hello doctor, I had an injury in an automobile accident. Please address if this is a permanent injury. I have an MRI and medical examination. Since the accident, I can no longer sleep on the left side or use the left arm under normal conditions without pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the six attachments including the MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI showed the presence of a partial thickness tear high-grade or tendonitis. This normally results in a painful elevation of the shoulder above...  Read Full »

Please help me with my left foot pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from left foot pain, as I fell from my two-wheeler. I consulted a doctor and got an x-ray, and he said it's Achilles tendon rupture and tibialis anterior tendonitis. He gave me tablets for five days. But the pain is still there when I walk.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.If I agree with his diagnosis, as I have not seen the x-rays, then I will suggest you try taking the following:Tablet Piroxicam 20 mg, twice daily after food.Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg, twice daily for 10 days before food.Tablet Shelcal (Calcium) 500 mg, twice daily for 30 da...  Read Full »

What will be the best treatment for pulled tendons in the knee?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to a doctor, who told me that I have pulled some tendons in my right knee. It hurts when bent and if I run or walk. What would be the best way forward with the healing process? Can I still use the exercise bike at the gym? I am currently using Voltarol gel to help ease the pai...  Read Full »

Dr. Saswati Nanda

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As the doctor said, it is a tendon pull, which means it is due to overstretching of the tendon. So, I suggest you follow the following steps: You have to give rest to that part to promote the healing process. Avoid weight-bearing exercises. You can use a knee support...  Read Full »

My shoulder dislocated while dancing, but went back right in and now it is numb. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 9 inches, and I weigh 130 lbs. I am a professional dancer. I dislocated my left shoulder while dancing. I had to make a move that involved throwing the arms out and across the body to the right side sharply and quickly. It popped ou...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you described was a dislocation of the shoulder joint and a reduction on its own. When the relocation of this forearm head in the joint cavity does not happen on its own, we try to reduce it again in the joint cavity with some maneuvering, and immobilize it with ...  Read Full »