Common "Tendon Injury" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Tendon Injury

Tendons are fibrous connective tissue that binds the muscles to the bones. It helps in movement by pulling the bone when muscles contract. Tendon injury occurs as a result of slight tears that occurred over a period of time. The minute tears are due to overuse or repetitive action. Aged people and sportspersons are mostly affected. It causes pain in movement, stiffness, swelling, etc. Minor injuries can be treated by resting the area with the help of a brace, sling, or splint, applying ice packs, and taking NSAIDs. For major ruptures, surgeries or casting are required.