Q. Why do I have pain and swelling eight months after impact injury to ankle?

Dr. Chitrangada

Impact injury to right ankle eight months ago, still painful and gets swollen. MRI was done on it. I am 20 years old, 158 cm, and 52 kg. All healthy apart from this. My daily medication is 20 mg Fluoxetine.

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

The MRI scan does not show any area of strain or gross musculotendinous injury. Keep it elevated as much as possible. Apply Aircast ankle Sturrup orthosis (you can wear shoes over it too). Apply ice thrice daily for two days. I suggest the following medicines:

1. Tablet Piroxicam 20 mg 1-0-1 for 10 days after food.
  2. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg 1-0-1 for 10 days before food.
  3. Tablet Shelcal (Calcium) (500 mg) 1-0-1 for 30 days before food.
  4. Tablet Vitamin D (60 K) units once daily for 10 days. Then once a month for 11 months.

Take these tablets only if you are not allergic to them. Do not take these tablets if you have bronchial asthma. Follow up immediately in case of any untoward reactions. Physical therapy: wobble board exercises to strengthen muscles. This should be done once the pain reduces.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|