Q. I have recurrent headaches from the last nine years. What could be the reason?

I am a 28 year old male. I have been having headaches for more than nine years now. I am an internet entrepreneur. So, I use computers a lot, though the usage has reduced significantly since I hired people to help me. However, it is important to note that my headaches started way before I knew how to use a computer. I have used a lot of painkillers, to an extent that, I do not respond to paracetamol and many of other painkillers anymore. I have also visited an ophthalmologist, who recommended anti-glare glasses, which I use with the computer. However, I am alarmed because it is not only artificial light that causes my headache. Even the slightest physical activity like ten push-ups, brisk jogging, laughing too much, driving, or just sex triggers a headache. The problem is, it does not go away until I take a painkiller. I am willing to go through a thorough process and consultation to determine the cause and probably the remedy to my sorry state. Please help.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

• The headache you are experiencing is a chronic daily headache of chronic tension-type headache. This happens due to being overworked and overstressed in life.
  • Wearing even the best quality glasses are not going to help you. This is because your headache is due to exhaustion.
  • I suggest the following:
  1. Reduce the level of stress.
  2. Take up yoga and meditation.
  3. Discuss with your doctor regarding Escitalopram. In my opinion, that would help you with the headache. It can later be reduced and stopped. 

I hope it helps you. If you have further queries, please ask me.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Do I need to do an MRI? This headache is really driving me crazy because I have really reduced my workload. I could easily go for two days without work, and if I do work, I work on the computer for only an hour. I do not really think that I am working too much. This may be something else. Please help further.

#

• You can go for an MRI brain, but it is most likely to come normal.
  • You would get relieved on taking Escitalopram.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further questions, please ask me.

For further queries consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|