Q. How long after taking last pill of Terbinafine can I drink alcohol?

Published on Jun 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 19, 2019

I have been taking Terbinafine for the last three months for my nail fungus. I just want to make sure that it is safe for me to drink alcohol now that I am off the pill. I plan on drinking a whole week (seven days) after I take my last pill. Will I be fine? How long after taking my last pill of Terbinafine can I drink alcohol? I took my last pill this three days back.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Actually, small traces of Terbinafine will stay in blood for few weeks. However, its initial half-life is 36 hours, after a week period, the level is significantly at a lower level. So you may safely drink alcohol. However, it is better to keep it at a moderate level as liver must be recovering from slightest injury if any. So you may have it but have it in moderation for three to four weeks.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

Can Terbinaforce Plus cream be used for ringworm infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having ring like patches all over the body for the past five months. I have itching all over the body including private parts and now it spreads to face as well. I had Griseofulvin tablets, Liv-Cet-5 twice daily and Terbinaforce Plus cream for the last 2 months. But, it did not cure...  Read Full »