Q. Swelling, pain and enlarged veins in testicles. What could it be?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

• I am 16 years old.
  • I have been having discomfort in my testicles since 3 years.
  • I was then examined by the doctor and he found some swelling in the left testicle and there were also enlarged veins.
  • There were no hard lumps on examination.
  • I then had a scrotum ultrasound that revealed 5 calcium deposits in the left testicle.
  • On my paperwork it says, diagnosis- testicle pain- varicose and hydrocele?
  • What does this mean?
#

• Calcium deposits in the testes or testicular microlithiasis is an extremely rare finding in males.
  • Since its causing pain, it is better you keep doing annual sonograms and keep checking if the count is increasing. 
  • There are some studies that claim that such deposits can make cancer of the testes quite common in such patients.
  • However there is no conclusive evidence.
  • There is no need to be worried.
  • It can be prevented by regular screening
  • There is no known treatment for the microlithiasis.
  • Those distended veins indicate varicocele.
  • If it is not causing any symptoms it can be left as such.
  • But if it is causing persistent pain like in your case, it may have to be surgically repaired.

Consult a urologist online to know the progress of the condition and the need for surgery --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|