Q. Will varicocele in testicle cause male infertility?

Published on Jun 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 29, 2019

I have pain in left testicle. So, my doctor sent me for an ultrasound and varicocele was observed. He said everything is fine and it will go with medications. The medications he gave me are Zenflox Oz, NAC-SR 100 and Pantogen 40. When I reached home, I started researching online about varicocele. I was scared to find out it links to male infertility. Since my left testicle pains I am more scared.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post. Well, there is about 4 % possibility of infertility in people with varicocele, but usually, it is seen in people with bilateral varicocele. So, I do not think you should worry. Just take meds.

If you are still concerned, do a semen analysis. That will relieve your anxiety.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Should I undergo varicocelectomy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I have no BP, diabetes or thyroid problems. Last month, I was diagnosed with grade 1 varicocele. I consulted my home town doctor for treatments, and he prescribed few medicines. However, he did not say anything to my queries. Is my testicles size normal? I am...  Read Full »

Can you interpret my semen analysis reports in layman terms?

Query: Hello doctor,Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the lab, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I have attach...  Read Full »