Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Why do I have mild pain in testicle?

Answered by
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am 27 years old. I have mild pain in right testicle for a week. The nerves connecting to the right testicle are always in strain mainly in the area of epididymis and vas deference. It pains when I walk, jump, rub or masturbate. I get random swelling, irritation and pain in my right testicle.

Sometime, the pain also accompanied by fever. When there is pain, the scrotum becomes swollen and turn red. I also have pain with ejaculation.

My ultrasound was perfect, nothing came abnormal. I am having this problem since eight years.

I am taking Dolo 650, Levomac- 500 and EIDO multivitamin capsule.

Please suggest me some medication or tests to get them cured. Thank you.



Welcome to

From your symptoms, I believe you are having one of the following:

  1. Chronic inflammation of prostate (prostatitis) with pain being referred to testis.
  2. Pelvic pain syndrome with primary involvement of testis.

Very rarely ureteric stones for repeated testicular torsion can cause testicular pain. A per-rectal examination, ultrasound of KUB (kidneys, ureters and bladders) and prostate, urine routine tests and urine culture (after per-rectal prostatic massage) will help.

Ask your family doctor to get these done or refer you to a urologist for further physical evaluation and you can get back with the reports. If you have redness, swelling of scrotum along with pain attacks and especially if there is vomiting, better get ultrasound scrotum with Doppler study to rule out recurrent torsion.

From the above details:

  1. If it is prostatitis then treatment with antibiotics for two months will help.
  2. In the presence of ureteric stones, get treatment of the stones as per location and size.
  3. If it is found to be torsion then single stitch to fix the testis will be needed.
  4. If all the above ruled out, pelvic pain then this needs long-term pain management and SOS (as and when required) physiotherapy.

Revert back with the investigations to a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Hello doctor,

Ultrasound of scrotum was done. Reports are uploaded for your reference. Upper part of my right testicle is paining and it looks red when there is pain.

After masturbation my right testicle starts with pain like burning sensation. I am fearing about testicular torsion. Is it my problem? I have only pain no vomiting.

Please clarify few of my questions. My penis bend to left when erection. Is it fine for sexual intercourse? (Photos are uploaded, please see.)

Next year, I am planning to get married. But, this pain is depressing me. Can I have sex with this pain? I have a doubt on testicle epididymitis.

Which tests I have to go for to confirm this? Kindly suggest.



Welcome back to

I went through your reports and photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity).

Apparently minor bending of erected penis is normal and seen in many people. There will not be any problem in intercourse due to minor bending.

Your pain is due to chronic prostatitis. For pain you have to ask your doctor to prescribe tablet Ofloxacin 400 mg once daily for two months and tablet Tamsulosin (Flomax) 0.4 mg once daily for two months after physical evaluation.

Initially, you may have to take anti-inflammatory medicines for a week or so. Yoga and relaxation exercises will help. Finally, you need to divert your attention from the pain.

For further information consult a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can Silodosin improve urine flow in kidney infection?
What could be the reason for my recurrent testicle pain?
Having a lump on the posterior side of the testis. Can you suggest any treatments?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Kindly help me get rid of pain in testis.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from epididymitis problem. Sometimes I am having pain in testis while having a gastric issue as well. Kindly help me to get rid of this  Read Full »

Having pain in my scrotum after having sex or cycling for long. Can you suggest any treatments?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old married man, and I was hit by a cricket ball on my scrotum while playing cricket two years ago. I consulted a doctor, and he told me that there is nothing to worry after seeing no swelling. The sensitive pain lasted for 10 days, after which it vanished. But after fe...  Read Full »

Why do I testicular pain if I do not masturbate or have sex?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 33 years old with a weight of 95 kg and 5 feet 9 inches height. He has been having pain in his scrotum and testis area for the past 6 to 7 years after every 2 to 3 days whenever he does not masturbate or does not have sexual intercourse. If he masturbates daily or has se...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 and MIS-C (Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children)
MIS-C is a potentially fatal condition that affects children infected with COVID-19. Please read the article to know its...  Read more»
I have fever, severe headache, and cough. Please help me.
I have fever since five days. My fever comes down when I take medicine but eventually comes back. I also have severe hea...  Read more»
Brucellosis - Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Brucellosis, a zoonosis, is caused by consuming unpasteurized milk or raw meat obtained from infected animals. For sympt...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.