Q. Why do I have mild pain in testicle?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

I am 27 years old. I have mild pain in right testicle for a week. The nerves connecting to the right testicle are always in strain mainly in the area of epididymis and vas deference. It pains when I walk, jump, rub or masturbate. I get random swelling, irritation and pain in my right testicle.

Sometime, the pain also accompanied by fever. When there is pain, the scrotum becomes swollen and turn red. I also have pain with ejaculation.

My ultrasound was perfect, nothing came abnormal. I am having this problem since eight years.

I am taking Dolo 650, Levomac- 500 and EIDO multivitamin capsule.

Please suggest me some medication or tests to get them cured. Thank you.

Do you have a question on Testicular Pain or Exercises?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

M.B.B.S.., M.S. (SURGERY)., M.CH. (UROLOGY
Urology

From your symptoms, I believe you are having one of the following:

1. Chronic inflammation of prostate (prostatitis) with pain being referred to testis.
  2. Pelvic pain syndrome with primary involvement of testis.

Very rarely ureteric stones for repeated testicular torsion can cause testicular pain. A per-rectal examination, ultrasound of KUB (kidneys, ureters and bladders) and prostate, urine routine tests and urine culture (after per-rectal prostatic massage) will help.

Ask your family doctor to get these done or refer you to a urologist for further physical evaluation and you can get back with the reports. If you have redness, swelling of scrotum along with pain attacks and especially if there is vomiting, better get ultrasound scrotum with Doppler study to rule out recurrent torsion.

From the above details:

1. If it is prostatitis then treatment with antibiotics for two months will help.
  2. In the presence of ureteric stones, get treatment of the stones as per location and size.
  3. If it is found to be torsion then single stitch to fix the testis will be needed.
  4. If all the above ruled out, pelvic pain then this needs long-term pain management and SOS (as and when required) physiotherapy.

Revert back with the investigations to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Ultrasound of scrotum was done. Reports are uploaded for your reference. Upper part of my right testicle is paining and it looks red when there is pain.

After masturbation my right testicle starts with pain like burning sensation. I am fearing about testicular torsion. Is it my problem? I have only pain no vomiting.

Please clarify few of my questions. My penis bend to left when erection. Is it fine for sexual intercourse? (Photos are uploaded, please see.)

Next year, I am planning to get married. But, this pain is depressing me. Can I have sex with this pain? I have a doubt on testicle epididymitis.

Which tests I have to go for to confirm this? Kindly suggest.

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urology

I went through your reports and photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity).

Apparently minor bending of erected penis is normal and seen in many people. There will not be any problem in intercourse due to minor bending.

Your pain is due to chronic prostatitis. For pain you have to ask your doctor to prescribe tablet Ofloxacin 400 mg once daily for two months and tablet Tamsulosin (Flomax) 0.4 mg once daily for two months after physical evaluation.

Initially, you may have to take anti-inflammatory medicines for a week or so. Yoga and relaxation exercises will help. Finally, you need to divert your attention from the pain.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Kindly help me get rid of pain in testis.
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from epididymitis problem. Sometimes I am having pain in testis while having a gastric issue as well. Kindly help me to get rid of this  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Testicular pain with these doppler findings (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows some infection of the epididymis. If it is a recent onset symptom, I suggest: You take antibiotics preferably an Amoxycillin-Clavulanic acid combination. Consult yo...  Read Full »

Having pain in my scrotum after having sex or cycling for long. Can you suggest any treatments?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old married man, and I was hit by a cricket ball on my scrotum¬†while playing cricket two years ago. I consulted a doctor, and he told me that there is nothing to worry after seeing no swelling. The sensitive pain lasted for 10 days, after which it vanished. But after fe...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do not have any physical problems, as your ultrasound scrotum is normal. You have idiopathic testicular pain. It happens after heavy gym exercise or in your case cycling. Th...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in scrotum and testis if masturbation or sex is not done?
Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 33 years old with a weight of 95 kg and 5 feet 9 inches height. He has been having pain in his scrotum and testis area for the past 6 to 7 years after every 2 to 3 days whenever he does not masturbate or does not have sexual intercourse. If he masturbates daily or has se...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. He has persistent testicular pain which develops usually when he does not masturbate or have sex. If the pain is persistent and is severe then that should be evaluated. The causes should be ruled out in order to make the diagnosis. Infe...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now