Q. I would like a feedback on my semen analysis report.

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I would like to get a feedback on the semen analysis report.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your sperm count is normal, but the motility and normal forms are low. If you are taking any medicine or nutritional supplements on a regular basis, then it may be due to its side effect.
  • I suggest the following tests:
  1. Hemoglobin.
  2. Total count.
  3. Differential count.
  4. Postprandial blood sugar.
  5. Prolactin.
  6. TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).
  7. Testosterone.
  8. Estradiol.
  • Meanwhile, some points to keep in mind:
  1. Stop smoking if you do.
  2. Keep away from heat, chemicals, and smoking zones.
  3. Avoid placing the laptop on your lap.
  4. Wear loose undergarments.
  5. Keep your testes cool by pressing them with a wet towel for five to ten minutes every day.
  6. Eat green vegetables and tomatoes.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

My wife and I are trying for a baby for the last nine months. So, is the low motility going to affect that? And, should I start taking any medication for it?

#

• The progressive motility is very low although the total motility is 33 % which is not very low.
  • In addition to following the above-mentioned measures, you can take:
  1. Vitamins E.
  2. Vitamin C.
  3. Folic acid.
  4. Zinc.
  • I suggest you repeat this test from a different centre as results could vary a lot.

Although the chance of pregnancy is low, it is not completely nil.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|