Q. I feel hard to breathe and gag when I cough. Why?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2021

I have been sick for about two weeks. Every time I cough it gets hard to breathe feel like something is stuck in my throat and makes me gag. Do you know what is wrong?

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• Your symptoms might be because of throat congestion and excessive mucus production.
  • I suggest you do gargles with warm water and a little salt added in it three times daily.
  • You can take some antihistamine drug like tablet Cetirizine twice daily for about five days. It will relieve the congestion and take some antihistamine lozenges thrice daily, which soothes the throat.
  • Also, take some expectorant cough syrup 10 mL thrice daily. It will bring out the phlegm. Consult your physician and get the prescription.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|